What You Need to Know:
- Johnson’s win is the 8th this year for TaylorMade’s M drivers and 5th in the last 6 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt & Berger).
- Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X. He has both weights centered (neutral position). He first put into play at the ’15 BMW Championship.
- Johnson’s M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
- With the win, Johnson has emerged victorious in each of his first nine seasons on the PGA TOUR (the longest current streak)
- Johnson has now finished in the top 12 in eight of his last nine major championship starts.
- To take advantage of Oakmont’s speedy fairways, Johnson swapped his M1 fairway wood 5-wood this week for a UDI #2. He has Project X’s HZRDUS Black 105 on it, which he added just this week.
- Johnson’s win marks the 8th win for the TOUR360 Boost this year.
- Climbs to #3 in the OWGR.
In Johnson’s U.S. Open Championship Bag:
- M1 Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X / 45.75″ / D4 swingweight
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- UDI (#2) / Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
- Tour Preferred MB (’14) 3-PW / True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges (52 & 60 degrees) / KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
- Tour Preferred Glove
- New Era 9Fifty Low Crown Cap
- Tour Preferred X (’14) Golf Ball (#1: in aspiration of one-putting every hole)’
CALL GOLF GEAR TODAY TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET FITTED IN YOUR NEXT CLUB.